The Corporate Local Action plan defines how the Town of Ajax will decrease it's corporate greenhouse gas emission by 20% by 2020. The Local Action Plan is integrated with the Town's first Integrated Community Sustainability PlanRead More Read Less
Integrated with the Town of Ajax's first Integrated Community Sustainability Plan, the Community Local Action Plan defines how The Town of Ajax is going to reduce GHG emissions by 6% by 2020.Read More Read Less
The ICSP is about defining Ajax’s future and setting a shared long-term vision. It sets a mission and principles to guide future decisions on our journey towards sustainability with implications for both the local and global communities.
The guidance provided in the ICSP is designed to reduce environmental impacts, strengthen social and cultural networks, and increase economic prosperity. The outcomes of this plan will strengthen the community and improve the quality of life in Ajax for current and future generations. Sustainability can promote the following benefits:
· Sets a vision we can all work towards;
· Aligns goals and actions around the shared vision of our future;
· Engages groups, schools and people to talk about long-term planning;
· Helps identify and avoid long-term risks;
· Prepares us to respond to and mitigate climate change;
· Improves the health of our environment, society/culture, and economy;
· Reduces operating costs for the Town, businesses, and residents; and
· Proactively plans for the future.
The Town of Ajax, ON has reported 1 Community emission inventory, since 2005. In its latest inventory, compiled in 2005, the Stationary energy, Transport and Waste management are identified as key emission sources.
The Town of Ajax, ON has reported 1 government operational inventory, since 2005. In its latest inventory, compiled in 2005, the Transport and Waste management are identified as key emission sources.